Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Prayers for Gage!

Along my journey with Tommy, I have the opportunity to meet other families who also face a different and unique journeys with their kids. One day while taking Tommy to his private paid OT services, I met Gage and his family. Since I saw him, he stole my heart. He is a very sweet little boy who deserve to enjoy life as any kid of his age. Gage is a couple of months younger than Francis. Gage was born with Mastocytosis which is a rare skin disease that bring a lot of health complications. When Kellie, Gage's mom,  explained to me about Mastocytosis she mentioned Gage's case may be unique in the world.  Here are some lines how Kellie discribes Mastocytosis:
"Mastocytosis is a rare skin disease for which there is currently no known cause or cure. All people are born with cells called mast cells within every tissue of their bodies.  Mast cells contain chemicals (histamine and heparin) that are released into our systems to perform various duties, playing major roles allergy reactions and anaphylaxtic reactions, but also play a protective role as well in immune responses and wound healing." http://kellie-ewell.blogspot.com/
Gage will have a bone marrow biopsy in July. This is a procedure that is too much for a little one, but it needs to be done. I am a mom, I truly understand Kellie's worries and broken heart. Click here to read more details about Gage coming biopsy in July.

Please keep Gage and his family in your prayers. 

No comments: