Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Tommy's Neuro-developmental program (Quick update)

"Oh Dear Lord! Thank you for listen to my prayers and help to get what my son needs."

I cannot be more thankful! We haven't even complete the second months of Tommy's Neuro-developmental program (NP) and we are seeing positive changes on him. He is interacting and being outgoing in new environments as well as an improvement in auditory and visual processing. I have to admitted I am exhausted, but not due to the Neuro-developmental program. I am exhausted because house keeping and working full time takes too much time of my days to fully dedicate to Tommy. But I am grateful with the company I work for because they have allowed me to fix my schedule so I can support Tommy. Really, I enjoy Tommy's therapies and NP because it is basically playing and being a child again. I am glad we don't have a huge house because I couldn't keep up with it. My tiredness is nothing comparing with the happiness I feel when I see Tommy doing something completely new or replacing his stemming behaviors for actually playing with toys —Tommy lost his playing skills after the hospitalization.

Tommy received the first quarter of the Neuro-developmetal program as a birthday present, this has been one of the best gift he has received. Thanks so much to our families and friends!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Wonderful news Rosa! A neurodevelopmental program has been the best thing we have done for our daughter. We have seen incredible results! I'm so glad to hear that Tommy is showing progress so quickly.

Laura
downsyndromeupupupandaway.blogspot.com