Saturday, May 28, 2011

Our art of blowing —Party Blowers

Since Tommy's was very little I encouraged him to drink with a straw and blow whistles and bubbles to strength his oral muscles. I still keep incorporating new blow toys to the art of blowing so he can practice using different complex blow toys that can be found at dollar stores, such as: whistles, party blowers, horns, pipes, bubble blowers, flutes and among others. 

A few months ago, I got party blowers and they were difficult for me to blow, so I put them away because I thought they would be too difficult for Tommy. Yesterday evening, Tommy took his blow toy box and open it. He found the party blowers! I gave him one party blower while I was blowing other one. Then, he blowed the party blower over and over again. I was surprised! Those are quite difficult to blow. I felt my oral muscles working while blowing the party blower. So watching Tommy blowing these party blowers was very impressive because of the fact he has Hypotonia (low muscle tone). He has to work his oral muscles twice harder of what I do. He enjoyed blowing the party blowers and I know for sure his oral muscle are stronger.





No comments: