Sunday, September 25, 2011

Bombo Chair?

Hi, I am Francis I am a two month old baby boy. My mommy has a dilemma. When I was a newborn, my mommy and my daddy put me in the Boppy pillow as they used to do it with Tommy (my big brother), but they soon realized I was moving. Believe or not! I could raise my head high enough that I almost sat up, so I couldn't control my balance and I went forward. My mommy and my daddy decided not to use the Boppy pillow with me anymore. But when I was about a month and half, I began to use my tummy muscles to sit up while my mommy and my daddy were feeding me. My mommy told my daddy that she was thinking to use the Bumbo chair when I turn 2 months, but my daddy said 'NO' because I was too little. But I keep sitting up while they are holding me!


I had my 10 weeks check-up last Friday. My pediatrician said that I am like a 4 month old baby because I am bearing weight on my legs, using my tummy muscles to sit with assistance, a good head control and lifting head and shoulders when lying on my tummy and I move side to side because I am trying to roll over.


Today, I also initiated my first game with daddy.  My game is simple, but FUN! I speed the pacifier out and my daddy put in my mouth over and over again. I smile, laugh and giggle every time my daddy pick the pacifier up and put it in my mouth. We had a good time playing this morning. My daddy, my mommy and my big brother where laughing at me. 


I am doing many things at my age. I can gurgle, coo and blow raspberries. I am also making expressions and sounds to communicate. My mommy knows when I want to listen to the mobile toy attached to my crib because of the expression of my eyes and face. I visually tracks moving objects. My mommy has a image glue to a cardboard and she is using it with me to play visual tracking. I discovered my little fingers, so I am sucking on them once an a while. I am beginning to grasp objects. I am a grown-up baby!


My mammy is wondering if I am ready for the Bumbo Chair.
She gave it a try this afternoon and I can perfectly sit.
BUT DON'T TELL MY DADDY!