Monday, December 26, 2011

Getting older

Wow! I cannot believe I am 5 month old. I am 80 percentile for my height and 47 percentile for my weight. I am good size baby! But I have to tell you, my bother was taller and heavier than me at the same age, so he is teaching me stereotypes are breakable and I should believe in myself.


I am a busy baby because I am doing a lot of things. I am working on eating solid food; I have mastered my cereal, so I am in the adventure of tasting vegetables. In my last post, I told you that it seems I am two months ahead of my age. Well, my pediatrician told my daddy the same thing in my 4 month check up. My pediatrician told my daddy I was doing things for a 6 months old baby, when I was just four months. I keep doing things ahead now that I am 5 month old. It seems I am ahead in my overall development. So my mommy and my daddy are very proud of me. They know how blessed I am!


Eating my cereal for the first time
Nov. 24, 2011


Practicing finger paint
I was trying to eat, but suddenly everything 
was a mess and I began to play with the food.
Dec. 4, 2011


Some of the milestones I have reached ahead of time are:

  • To mouth objects - 3 months
  • To respond to my name - 31/2 months
  • To raise my arms to be picked up - almost 4 months (But my daddy thinks it was before because my daddy took me to a meeting with his coworkers when I was about 2 months old. In the meeting, my daddy's coworkers told my daddy I was raising my arms for him to picked me up. My daddy has told my mommy he saw me raising my arms before the meeting, but my mommy don't believe us!)
  • To play with toys in the activity center - 3 1/2 months (I wasn't batting toys anymore, I was more interesting in standing, sitting and grasping toys. So my daddy got me the Baby Einstein ExerSaucer. I could play on it, but there was one problem, I couldn't reach very well. So my mommy told my daddy we could wait a few weeks for me getting taller. They did, when I turned 4 months I was able to reach better)
  • To sit without support for a few seconds - 4 months. Currently, I use my hands to catch my-self and stay for longer periods of times without support. 
  • To get in four point position and scooting backwards - 4 months. Currently, I am getting in 4 points and rocking, so I will be crawling soon. 
  • To push to stand while I am on my mommy's laps - 4 months. 
  • To start experience separation anxiety - almost 5 months
The following speech milestones can be accomplished when a baby is by the end of his or her six month. But it seems I am a little ahead, too: 
  • To star babbling. My mommy is hearing some speech sounds: a, ai, ba. Over the weekend, I began to repeat the speech sound "ba" after my mommy.
  • To make gurgling sounds when playing with my mommy or when I am alone
  • To move my eyes in the direction of sounds
  • To notice that some toys make sounds
  • To pay attention to music

Seating for a few seconds without support
Nov. 12, 2011


Standing in one of my ExerSaucers.
I use My brother's ExerSaucer when I am upstairs
Nov. 14, 2011

Seating up on my swing chair
I have felt from this chair or I have been hanging form it. 
So I don't use this chair anymore because it is not save for me.
Nov. 14, 2011

Playing with my Baby Einstein ExerSaucer
Nov. 14, 2011

My mommy feels the guilt that she is not stimulating me enough because she is trying to help Tommy to overcome his developmental challenges. As a good mommy, she worries! I am fine, I learn by washing them because I pay a lot of attention. I enjoy so much being around my big brother. When is meal time, I like to seat at the table with my big bother, I watch him very closely and I try to eat all my food as he does. We have a game that we named "Hugs," we hugs at each other and we laugh and giggle. I pull his hair or he pulls my hair sometimes, but we are learning to love each other. 


Rocking back and forth
I having rocking back and forth for about two weeks
so I am getting ready to crawl.

No comments: