Saturday, December 8, 2012

The dolphin of my ocean

Tommy has shown aptitude for a swimmer since he was a baby, even our former pediatrician mentioned to us when he was a few months old. But it wasn't until the end of this past summer, he formally started private swimming lessons, once a week for 30 minutes. For my surprise, he began to swimming in seven lessons. So 7-30 minutes lessons, equals, 3 and half hours that Tommy spent to learn swimming. Between those seven lessons, he had a break of 3 weeks. He is all about "ACCOMPLISHMENT and PRIDE."

This not the best photo ever, but it is the best one that shows
Tommy's natural aptitude for a swimmer when he was 11 month old.

Tommy is aware of the danger of being under the water. In one of his session, he went under the water and he got a little scared, but he acted quickly! He got his head out and swan to reach the edge. It's just his natural aptitude for swimming. As we all are born with aptitudes and talents, my son has also born with his aptitudes and talents, but they are overshadowed for his genetic disorder. Some typical people may just see DISABILITY on him, but I have the privilege to be raising a young little boy who is all about "APTITUDES and TALENTS" and God chose me to be the person who will see beyond all labels given to a child, just because, he was born with a genetic disorder.

I have always heard people saying dolphins are the ocean's angels, well Tommy is the dolphin of my ocean. With his ACCOMPLISHMENTS, Tommy raises me up to walk on stormy seas, he is the angel that gives me hope to keep going because I won't drown. He always does something that gives me hope, so he is the one that feed my passion to do everything I can, and beyond, because I weakness, in many ways, how capable he is.

Regardless the challenges he has had facing in the last almost two years,
he always finds a way to keep shinning.

______
Swimming is recommended for kids with sensory processing disorder or kids who has issues with the proprioceptive system.

No comments: