Thursday, April 8, 2010

My 2 year old check-up


Back in October 2009, I had my last visit to my pediatrician office. But since then, many things have changed. One of them is that Dr. Shereman won't be my doctor anymore. He is retired! My mommy and my daddy didn't told me anything, I figured it out this morning when my daddy took to see my pediatrician. I noticed we arrived to the same building complex, but we took other entrance and then we were in a different office with different people. Then, I realized I won't see Dr. Sherman anymore. I was sad but then I met beautiful nurses who told my daddy "I am cute". Of course, I paid more attention to what they were saying and then I felt better.

I met my new pediatrician: Dr. Ayers. She agrees with all my other health care providers. She said I am healthy guy. I am a tall guy, even although my mommy says I am tinny. I am 80th percentile tall in the growth chart for typical kids, which means I am almost 3 feet tall (A secret: half of my mommy's height). My doctor said I am a chunk, which means my weight is perfect for my age. She also said the word "Unusual". My mommy and my daddy have heard it since I was an unborn baby. It is unusual that a folk like me with T21 doesn't have any major health issues, no common colds or ear infections. I just have hypothyroidism, which is mild and it is not affecting my growth. Waaooo! If I wouldn't have thyroid issues, how tall I would be?

My mommy and my daddy like my new pediatrician because she can understand them very well because she also have a daughter with different abilities. I am don't know her diagnosis, but it is good to know that my mommy and my daddy have found a good doctor who also can understand raising a child who needs extra help. I think that "Papa Dios" (God) listen to my mommy's prayers to put the right people in our path.

I had fun visiting my doctor, but I will miss Dr. Sherman because he accepted me for who I am and not for what I have. He always told my mommy and my daddy, he could picture me doing more things that we couldn't imagine.

A hug to Dr. Sherman to say good bye and
kiss to Dr. Ayers to welcome her to my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Tommy! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your picture!!!

New doctors can be GREAT doctors -- so I am happy that you like Dr. Ayers. And you ARE tall! My son, Gabe, is tall too, but skinny. I think he has my metabolism but we're not sure where he got his long legs from! LOL!

And, you know what else? Gabe's mommy -- ME! -- is height challenged. I'm only 5'2"! I suspect Gabriel will be looking down on me soon enough.♥

Congrats Tommy on all your development! Tell your mommy that it is time for a video so Gabe and I can hear your beautiful singing voice!

Ria said...

That is wonderful that you found a doctor that you like. I love your photo, Tommy.