Wednesday, April 14, 2010

From crayons to dry markers

My boy is growing up! I can see how his brain keeps developing, allowing his cognitive and fine motor skills emerge stronger; even although, he is not walking yet. I can see he is focused in other important areas for a child development; while, his gross motor skills are improving. Then, he will be walking sooner than we know it.

The fact he is able to play with age appropriate toys make me very proud of him. His grandparents gave to him a Melissa and Doug Magnetic Chalk / Dry Erase Board last Christmas. We scribbled on the board this evening. When I saw him scribbling, I realized he is not a baby any more. He definitely knows what to do. See the video below of Tommy erasing and scribbling with the dry marker.

His Physical Therapist recommended an easel to challenge his fine motor skills and work on his arm and shoulder muscles. I got Step2 Sit & Doodle Turtle Desk, which allow him to scribble on his own, instead of having me holding him while he scribbles on a flat surface. I am sure he will have fun with his turtle desk and I will have less back pains. ; )
Note: If you are subscribed by email, you may not be able to see the video. To see the video visit our blog: www.asuperbaby.blogspot.com

No comments: