Monday, July 5, 2010

A pretty Boy

When people meet Tommy for the first time, the first thing they say is: "What a beautiful hair!" It is true! It is in his genes, Trisomy 21 couldn't change that. My husband and I used to have a beautiful hair when we were kids. My hair was deep black and very shinny. My husband's hair was blond and very shinny, too. Tommy's hair is just incredible beautiful. It is a beautiful brown color, very shinny and smooth like the silk.

Tommy is so much focused on self-care skills since last May that we are giving him the opportunity to do it as he thinks: I can do it all by himself! Tommy is now showing interest for his physical appearance. He likes to brush his hair in front of the mirror. So, I bought his first hair brush to groom his hair all by himself and he doesn't have to use mine anymore. This is a good way to teach him good health habits, while he learns to keep his hair beautiful, clean and shinny.

"Especially designed for basic everyday brushing of fine or thin hair, the Wood Club Brush also helps give any style a professional finish. Its blend of natural boar bristles and nylon tufts evenly distributes the scalp's natural oils to enhance hair's own shine, and to control and lift hair for added volume. Wood Club Brush - For basic, everyday brushing of fine or thin hair."

Video of my pretty boy
"A good looking...boy, not necessarily built. Usually has a naturally
clean cut appearance, dresses well (mainly prep gear), and
is very aware of his hair, skin, etc. Constantly looks in the mirror
to look perfect from head to toe..."
~Urban Dictionary

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is wonderful! Tommy, you ARE gorgeous!

evrfwd said...

Tommy your are so rockin'! thanks for inspiring me and maya. =)