Saturday, July 31, 2010

Eating with utensils

As I said in my previous post, teaching self-feeding to my son was very hard for me. It is good to know I am not the only one. I was talking to other mom and she is struggling with helping her son with self-feeding. I also mentioned that Tommy was doing really good with fork feeding, he just was needing little help. Well, he ate most of his dessert with the fork today. I am amazed because we didn't struggle so much with fork feeding.

He is doing spoon feeding really good and drinking from an open cup, but he just do it for mommy and daddy. He doesn't do it for other people who help us to baby sitting him. My husband think he is showing off, which it is very usual on Tommy. I also think he is taking control of the situation, which had happened before. Tommy still spill some food on his cloth, but I have checked some online forums for moms and there are typical peers, the same age of Tommy, who still are spilling food.

I enjoy the videos of Tommy eating with utensils
We are very proud of our boy!

Spoon-feeding


Fork-feeding


Drinking from an open cup

No comments: