Friday, August 10, 2012

It is Official! Tommy is asthma FREE

Yesterday afternoon, Tommy was officially diagnosed Asthma FREE. He won't back to see his pulmonary doctor. We are happy for Tommy, he is showing us how strong little guy he is.

The question if Tommy truly got asthma will remind in my mind.  I began to doubt it when all the symptoms he showed after the hospitalization where described in the side effect of prescription drugs given to him due to RSV. I realized this by the end of November last year, when I was looking for answers to what affected his development so much. I stopped the asthma medication back them and began to monitor Tommy. I kept the medication handy, just in case. Since November until today, Tommy didn't require asthma medication. He even had a few colds during the flu season and he wasn't even coughing. He got sick twice with a weird virus. We were told that  he would get sicker with any virus than other kids who don't have the viral asthma. This never happened. The two times he got sick, he got well quicker of what was expected. I also noticed there were not difference to have him on the medication or without it.  I think medicines are great, but I also think they are a business. I learned a lesson about medications last year, so I have became very vigilant in any type of prescription drugs will be given to my kids.

We are celebrating one more victory in our chromosomal war. 


No comments: