Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

A new year have started and with it, a new me has re-burned. I just feel piece inside me after I have been able to place an action plan to help my son and being able to find the answers to my questions. Now, I want to do things I left in stand by because all of me has been dedicated to heal my son. So my resolution for this year is to retake things that I enjoy.

There is also a new beginning for Tommy with innovative and in-home based therapies based on neuroscience that sensory enriching his environment.  Redecorating the house is part of my action plan as well as part of my new resolution because kids with Autism get overstimulated with their environments (the colors in the wall, the smell of the food, the texture of the clothes, and so on).  I will have fun creating a sensory enriching environment for the benefit of the whole family.

My charming boy, Francis, will also start pre-school this year. So this will be a new experience for him. He is not my baby any more. I will start searching for schools in the first quarter. I want to compare what private preschool offer versus our public school. Our school district is considered one of the best in the state. Currently, it has the 3rd place among 463 school district in our state. Last year, most of its students scored proficient or advanced in the standardized state test. Francis will probably go to the public school, but I have make that decision by March because it is when they start the screening.

My husband started a new position last month and he is enjoying it. I am very proud of him because he is already impressing his supervisors.

 This year is a new beginning for me and my family.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments: