Sunday, February 27, 2011

Getting back in shape

Tommy was improving a lot on his gross motor skills before he got sick with the RSV, but he had a regression due to the many days he was hospitalized without physical activity. He lost completely his balance for a few days and his balance it is not still as it was before. He also lost part of the muscle tone he gained after he started to walk. I never thought being on the the bed for many days would affect his gross motor skills so much.

According to our PT during her last visit, Tommy can reach normal muscle tone, but his trouble is keeping it. I am trying to keep him active as much as I can to get him back in shape. Today, I took him to the park and I got so happy because he used the swing for older kids for about 15 minutes and he didn't fall off and he could swing himself very slowly. He couldn't do this 6 months ago, so not everything is lost. He is gaining new skills somehow.

No comments: