Monday, October 21, 2013

Tommy's vision

On Saturday, we had a follow-up appointment with Tommy's Developmental Optometrist. She mentioned that Tommy's vision is improving due his eye muscle are getting stronger. Currently his eye sight prescription, commonly known as 20/20 vision,  keeps the same. But we are hopping this will also improve in the future. Vision is more complicated than what I thought, eye-sight involves just a portion of what vision is.

Unfortunately, I have not time/motivation to work on the activity that the Developmental Optometrist recommended to do at home because it is boring for Tommy (and me). So I have to work with what motivates him. As she recommended, we have been working on tracking with index finger. I found the Barn Door 4 app that has a lesson that targets tracking/eye-hand coordination and give progress statistics. We are using this app a couple of days a week, which I think it has help to get Tommy muscle stronger. Howsover, I give the credit to Tommy's INP (Individualized Neuro-developmental Program) because this is what we have been done in regular bases to improve his vision.

THE SKY IS THE LIMIT!

No comments: