Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The future is for us to see

Back in April, I posted about the article "Down syndrome teen gets driver license." For my surprise, Clayton Marr's Mother found my post about her son and left her comment, which I would like to share with you:

Sophie Marr said:

"Hi Guys, I'm Clayton Marr's Mother. My husband and myself were really surprised how far Claytons story has travelled. We are very proud parents. Its been really nice to read your adventures. Positive thinking and lots of love... you guys have it sorted. Take care,

Sophie." May 24, 2010 1:47 AM

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love to see this connections between parents! Hello to Sophie!

I believe that we need to learn about people with Down syndrome, like Clayton, so we can support our sons, but also to inspire OTHER people into opening their views about Down syndrome.

When I mention Clayton getting his driver's license to people, I can see that light bulb moment in them. I look forward to sharing stories, like Clayton's, so that people actually SEE my son and learn that I BELIEVE in him!

RM, I love the picture of Tommy driving. I wish you lived nearer. Gabe knows our car better than I do! He's a car lover too!

Rosa said...

It is true what you say about Clayton's story. A while ago, I met a Hispanic family who has a little girl with Down syndrome. We were talking about our kids and they mentioned that someone told them people with Down syndrome cannot drive. It was the perfect moment to talk about Clayton's story. I do believe if we as parents don't give them the opportunity to try; then, they cannot do it. I think boys are car lovers. Car is on of Tommy's favorite words.

evrfwd said...

that is so awesome! i have to tell you i have a photo of Maya in "our" highlander trying to drive also. i will have to send it to you. =) i swear Tommy and Maya are like two peas in pod. hehehehe