Sunday, August 15, 2010

I'm in charge, even when I'm sick

Last weekend, Tommy had a rough weekend because he got sick. It is the first time he gets very sick during the year that I had to take him to the doctor on Saturday August 7th. Our pediatrician did the Strep throat test, but it was negative. She decided to give him antibiotics anyways because he had a fever the night before. She also prescribed an inhalation solution to apply with a nebulizer because he had a cough and a whistle in his chest.

By Monday August 9th, Tommy was feeling better, but we had to keep inhalation solution treatment for 7 days. There were days he was alright with the treatment, but there were days where he wrestled. He didn't want the mask on.

Today was he last day of of the treatment; I sat him on his rocking chair to get him ready for his last inhalation solution and he took the mask and put it on his face and the expression on his face like he was waiting for me to turn the nebulizer on. I understood what he was trying to do. I turned the nebulizer on and he staid for 30 minutes applying the treatment by himself until the last drop of the solution. He is in the stage he is beginning to share and he shared his inhalation solution with me. I realized he was wrestling because he wanted to do it by himself, but we were holding him. I am impressed how mature and independent he is becoming. He is in charge, even when he is sick.




Video of Tommy using the nebulizer
all by himself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, my poor Tommy! Pleast give him big tight hugs from us!♥

Rosa Maria, he is just so smart and independent. Tommy will do so great in this life! I wish we lived nearer so we could visit.