Saturday, November 1, 2014

Halloween Recap

October 31 means a lot more than just Halloween to us. It was the day our lives changed forever. Seven years ago, we received the diagnosed for Trisomy 21 for our unborn baby. So I always had in the back of my mind to celebrate Halloween very big to celebrate my son's diagnosis. Howsoever, Autism came uninvited to our journey; then, all the joy went away because Tommy wasn't able to be connected with this world. Even when it has been three long and hard years, this year has been the year of HOPE for Tommy. Some things related to his AUTISM diagnosis have disappeared and other have gotten better. Last night, Tommy truly enjoy Halloween as I never expected. I could see by the end that he was getting overstimulated and began to stem, but still he was able to keep going with the celebration. I was so rewarding seeing him enjoying Halloween, this is definitely a huge progress in Tommy overcoming AUTISM.

Not just Tommy had fun, my charming baby Francis enjoyed himself as always. Francis has brought whole new dynamic to the entire family, which make us to realize how precious life is and how much we should celebrate alone the way. Francis invited his Aunt and grandparents to Trick or Treating with him. He personally make sure that our Aunt would come to trick or treating. He even made me to call his grandparents so he could personally invite them to trick or treating. Francis thought me a lesson, regardless how hard things are we should celebrate all the good things regardless how big or small they are. So I will retake my plan of celebrating Tommy's Trisomy's diagnosis. So from now on, we will invite relatives and friends every October 31 to trick or treating with us in our neighborhood. And when budget and the weather allows it, celebrating with a Halloween party at our house.


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!



No comments: